2019 Goals

Welcome to 2019!  It's a New Year and I'm dusting off some of the things I used to love, this writing space being one of them.  I've set some new goals and am working on some new personal growth through journaling and photography this year.  I don't believe in resolutions, as they don't ever work out, for anyone that I know.  Goals are meetable and obtainable if set reasonably.  Resolutions always seem a bit lofty with no real plan for follow through.

I was sick over Christmas, with bronchitis, while on vacation for two weeks in Hawaii.  The downtime gave me a lot of time to reflect on things and think about what I want for myself in the coming year.  The short answer, I want to be more inspired...in life and by life.

Before we left on our trip I had already picked my word for 2019 -


I want to grow my creative business Inked Inspirations and I want to grow my creative habits.  I also want to build a life I love and am inspired by.


I've started a Commonplace Journal for the new year to keep track of quotes, reading notes, ideas and other little bits that don't fit into my daily journal.  I'm focused on being present, not perfect and on getting ideas out of my head and onto paper.

I'm thinking about doing some sort of spin on "Currently" style posts or maybe a bi-monthly spin-off idea inspired by Tracy's My Everyday Life.  I love the way she shares photos and a line of text to tell you about them.  It's like a journal for your iPhone/DSLR photos.  If you don't follow Tracy over at Shutterbean you totally should!


I'll also be adding a Food Journal to my daily journaling, also a Shutterbean creation.  You can find yours in her Etsy Shop if you'd like to do some food tracking.  She's sold out right now, but she said more are coming soon.  My goal with this isn't a weight loss related one.  I'm on a mission to find my migraine triggers.  The Food Journal is going to help me work through this and help me get healthier along the way.

What are your goals for 2019?

Comments