Routines

Good Morning.  Have you started to settle back into your daily routines?  Or are you still sorting it all out?

I'm happily getting back into my everyday groove.  Loved being on vacation and celebrating the holidays, but I'm a creature of habit.  Having a routine helps me stay grounded.  There's a quote I pulled out of something I read a while back that is so very fitting of my nature.
Highly sensitive people, having daily rituals in their lives can help them feel at one with their world, instead of just being overwhelmed by it most of the time.  
I love my mornings.  They are slow and filled with daily rituals, or habits if you will.  I read blogs, sip coffee, post on Facebook & Instagram, write, enjoy breakfast with my Hubby and work through a yoga routine.  I'm blessed with a part-time job that allows me these luxuries.

This year I'm considering adding an art journal to my mornings.  I've been thinking about this for quite a while and late last year I did a little bit of play but didn't commit to it.  I think it's time to either jump in or abandoned the idea.  There are a handful of empty sketchbooks in my studio, just begging to be used.  I think committing to a morning art journal would make good use of at least one of them.

I'll be honest.  I love creating art, but the inner critic has a way of squelching the artist.  As part of my focus on Inward Acceptance, an art journal is an ideal way to open the door to mix media exploration and could be an excellent way to silence the critic and embrace the artist.
Be creative and ignore your fear of imperfection.
Do you fear imperfection?  Does it keep you from really enjoying what you create?  I'll be 39 in five days, and I don't want that inner critic holding me back anymore.  It's time to toss a stick in that spoke and move on.  It's precisely why I'm making this year about Inward Acceptance.
You're never to old to set a new goal or dream a new dream.
While I'm not goal focused, I feel this quote is very fitting in reference to age.  Never let your age get in the way of your desires to live life, to pursue your passions.

Comments